In this world where there are like a gazillion people who listens to music regardless of: social status, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion.
Since we are all individually made, we still have different songs that we can relate to. We all have different music playlist that we listen to; here are some of mine.
Strangers & Angels by Mickie James
– This song is special for me and will never leave my playlist because it talks about the possibility of angels interacting with us. The possibility of the strangers that we encounter are angels in disguise placed here at the right moment to help us along the way.
But what if these strangers are telling me something
Oh I gotta slow up I’m always in a rush.
What if the strangers are really my lessons
And the little I have is gonna be enough
Maybe I should be thankful
And stop being so ungrateful
For all of these strangers
‘Cause what if they’re angels
What if they’re angels from above
A Song for Mama by Boys II Men
– Another special song for me as it talks about the relationship of mother and child. This always reminds me to treasure the relationship I have with my Mom. As I have previously mentioned, I don’t have that relationship with my mom that I saw with others while growing up. In the past, as I have realized, the only reason why I love my mother because she was the one providing for me. I felt no emotional connection with my mom, that I observed from others, because I thought she wouldn’t understand me until early 2012 where the walls I have built came crashing down. Now, I have the emotional connection with my mother and I know that she will always be there for me.
You were there for me to love and care for me
When skies were grey
Whenever I was down
You were always there to comfort me
And no one else can be what you have been to me
You will always be
You will always be the girl in my life
For all times
Who You Are by Jessie J
Never Be The Same by Jessica Mauboy
God Doesn’t Make Mistakes by Carolyn Dawn Johnson
Broken Soul by Fozzy
– The four song titles that are mentioned above are all pertaining to two things: self-acceptance and self-healing. Both things that I can relate to as I am in that part in my life where I need to accept my past and reconcile it with my present, so that I can be the person I am meant to be in my future.
I’m at an end
Trying to mend
This Broken Soul
Give me one more chance
For me to show
How much I need you to heal my…my broken soul
Temporary Home by Carrie Underwood
– This song talks about the impermanence of things. That people are not immortals who could live forever, that in just quick second people that you love may be taken from you. That our permanent residence is not in this world but somewhere else where we would be united with the people we love in the afterlife.
This is our temporary home, it’s not where we belong
Windows and rooms that we’re passing through
This is just a stop on the way to where we’re going
I’m not afraid because I know
This is our temporary home
My Wish by Rascal Flatts
– This song is about wishing better things for people that you love. Whenever I hear this song I always thought of my younger siblings, for them to have a simple and contented life.
My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you’re out there gettin’ where you’re gettin’ to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, this is my wish
If I Run by Sara Evans
– I love love love this song so much. It is about a woman who have been previously hurt before and have taken the chance to love again but was asking the person she took a chance with, that if ever she runs because of her experience will they chase her and remind her that things will be different.
If I run
Baby, will you chase me
Be the one who wants to save me
Never walk away no matter what
If I was lost
Would you come and find me
When I forget would you remind me
Who I am will always be enough
If I run
If I run
In God’s Time by Randy Houser
– This song talks about requesting things that would be given at God’s perfect time.
Oh, but no one knows
Not you or me
It might be tomorrow or it might never be
Oh, but don’t lose faith
Put it in His hands
‘Cause it might be that He might have a bigger plan
Than you had in mind
In God’s time